By Chinenye Festus:-
As domestic flights is set to be fully operational come July 8,The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has released new procedural guidelines for air travellers and other airport users in the country.
The new guidelines were put together to avoid further spread of Covid-19 as domestic flights resume, FAAN said in a statement by the general manager, Corporate Affairs, Henrietta Yakubu on Friday, July 3.
The list of the new guidelines for departing passengers are as follows :
1. All passengers’ luggage will be disinfected before entry into the departure halls
2. Passengers are required to wash their hands as often as possible
3. Hand sanitizer will be provided for passengers before entrance, at the waiting halls/lounges and pre-boarding gates
4. All footwear will be disinfected, sanitized by foot mats placed at all entrances to the terminal building, amongst others.
5. Passengers must also ensure a minimum of one point five meters (1.5m) physical distancing
6. Aviation Medical/Port Health personnel would screen each passenger and ensure the use of face masks
7. Passengers travelling with pets must get necessary clearance from Nigerian Agricultural Quarantine Services .
8.All passengers must arrive the airport properly kitted with their face masks on.
Guidelines for arriving passengers
9. All Covid-19 protocols must be observed while undergoing Customs check
10. Passengers will exit the halls and head straight to the car park for pick up,
11. When necessary, passengers are only allowed to speak to a properly tagged Aviation Security (AVSEC) officer,
12. Physical distancing will be maintained while waiting to be screened by personnel of port health services
13. Passengers are required to observe social distancing and make use of the floor markings at the security screening area.
14. They must also comply with all other security guidelines as laid down by officials of the Aviation Security (AVSEC) department.
15. Hand sanitizer will be provided in the buses.
16. Physical distancing protocols must be observed at the baggage claim area, where hand sanitizer is also provided.
17. On disembarkation from the aircraft, passengers will observe physical distancing as they board the Co-Buses.
18. Disinfected trolleys will be made available for passengers.
FAAN therefore urged all Stakeholders and passengers to respect and strictly adhere to these guidelines as it will go along way in curbing the spread of coronavirus pandemic in the country.
By Chinenye Festus:-