By Newsie Events Media:
About 1,009 acclaimed ‘former Boko Haram ‘ terrorists, who had been in military custody at Giwa Barracks in Maiduguri, were on Wednesday, released to the Borno State government by the Nigerian Army.
According to the Punch, the hand over of ‘former terrorists’ to the Borno State Government was conducted in a secret ceremony that was initially billed to take place at an earlier date but was suspended indefinitely by the military authorities at the wake of the appointment of the new COAS.
Sources in the army said that the ex-terrorists were handed over to the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Hajiya Zuwaira Gambo, who represented the state government at the event.
The officer said, “The army handed 1,009 Boko Haram insurgents to the state government today (Wednesday). It was done in secret. We were warned us not to allow journalists to the venue.”
Efforts to reach the Army Public Relations Officer, Operation Hadin Kai, Col. Ado Isa, proved abortive.
Gambo did not reply to a text message to her phone too.
NEWSIEEVENTS MEDIA TEAM Follow Us On Twitter: @NewsieEvents, Instagram: newsieevents, Facebook: Newsie Events (Subscribe to our YouTube Page: Newsie Eventsng.