By Divine Sam
Member representing Ukanafun/Oruk Anam Fedreal Constituency, Rep Unyime Idem, marks the second anniversary of his jinx breaking performance. Jack Lew, American Attorney and Politician, must have had Rep. Unyime Idem in mind when he said that there is no higher calling in terms of a career than public service which is a chance to make a difference in people’s lives and improve the world.
With more than 20 years of experience and resounding track record in the private sector as a successful manager of human and capital resources, providence interjected the glowing career with a switch to public service.
In 2018, he humbly accepted, took part and overwhelmingly won the PDP House of Representatives seat for Ukanafun/Oruk Anam Federal Constituency and was inaugurated on June 11, 2019. He has left no one in doubt that he is a true representative of the people.
This score card encapsulates the accomplishment of Unyime Idem in the last two years that he has been sitting on the seat allotted Ukanafun/Oruk Anam in Nigeria’s House of Representatives.
The pictures contained in this post are presented exactly as they are with deliberate motive to serve as parameters in appraising the representation of Rep. Unyime Idem, Deputy Chairman Communications Committee and Member representing Ukanafun/Oruk Anam Federal constituency.
26 LIFE TOUCHING COMPLETED PROJECTS SPREAD ACROSS THE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY
- 1000-Seater Capacity State of the Art Vocational Skills Centre, Ukanafun LGA
- 1000-Seater Capacity State of the Art Vocational Skills Centre, Oruk Anam LGA
- 1000-Seater Capacity State of the Art Agricultural Skills Acquisition Centre
- Entrepreneurial Skills Centre, Ukanafun LGA
- Digital E-Learning Centre with 40 Computer Sets and solar electricity at Community High School, Usung Atiat, Ukanafun LGA;
- Digital E-Learning Centre with 40 computer Sets and solar electricity at Afaha High School, Ikot Udombang, Ukanafun LGA;
- ICT Learning Centre with 40 Computer Sets and solar electricity at Community Secondary School, Urua Ekpaenang, Ukanafun LGA;
- Digital E-Learning Centre with 40 computer Sets, solar panel and 20KVA generator at Community Secondary School, Mbiakot Oruk Anam LGA;
- 2 Nos Six Classroom Block with VIP Toilet at Community High School, Usung Atiat, Ukanafun LGA;
- Six Classroom Block with VIP Toilet at Government Secondary School, Ikot Oku Usung, Ukanafun LGA;
- Six Classroom Block with VIP Toilet at Model Secondary School, Okpa, Oruk Anam LGA.
- Community Civic Centre, Usung Atiat, Ukanafun LGA;
- Solar-powered Water Scheme, Usung Atiat, Ukanafun LGA;
- Solar-powered Water Scheme, Community High School, Usung Atiat, Ukanafun LGA;
- Solar-powered Water Scheme, Ikot Udo Obobo, Ukanafun LGA;
- Solar-powered Water Scheme, Urua Ekpaenang, Ukanafun LGA;
- Solar-powered Water Scheme, Okot Oku Usung, Ukanafun LGA;
- Solar-powered Water Scheme, Obio Okpa, Oruk Anam LGA;
- 2 Bedroom Bungalow building for a Widow, Ukanafun LGA
- Hosted the maiden edition of Constituency Briefing/Townhall Meeting with constituents – gave out 5-million-naira cash, 24 cows, 500 bags of rice, and wrappers for 100 widows.
- During the period of national lockdown occasioned by the corona virus pandemic, donated 600 bags of rice as palliatives to constituents, to cushion the effects of the lockdown.
- Donated more than 50,000 text/note books, writing and other teaching materials to schools in the two local governments of Ukanafun and Oruk Anam, to boost teaching and learning.
- Donated medical equipment to hospitals.
- Facilitated recruitment of 24 constituents into the Nigerian Police Force, other appointments into federal government agencies and other blue-chip companies.
- Entered into partnership with Government of Finland to establish an ICT hub and an Institute.
- Empowered 1000 Constituents in 26 different skills
- The Free internet access in public places Bill 2020;
- National Broadcasting Commission Act (amendment) Bill 2020;
- National Community Service Scheme Bill 2020;
- Entrepreneurship Education Bill 2020;
- Small and Medium Scale Entrepreneurship Development Agency Act (amendment) Bill 2020,
- Free Education (Prohibition of Fees and Other Charges) Bill, 2020.
- Federal College of Agriculture, Oruk Anam (Establishment) Bill, 2020;
- Adult Education (Establishment) Bill, 2020
- National Identity Management Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- National Open University (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
- National Information Technology Development Agency Act Amendment Bill. 2021
- Terrorism (Prevention) Act Amendment Bill 2021
- Nigeria Police Act Amendment Bill 2021
- Nigeria Communications Act Amendment Bill 2021
- Donor Agencies Regulatory Commission (Establishment) Bill, 2021
- Federal Character Commission Act (Amendment) Bill 2021
- Need for the Federal government to revamp the ailing Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research, NIFOR, located at Oruk Anam LGA,
- the need for the federal government to construct the highway linking Abak Midim and Mkpat Enin LGA as well as the construction of Ikot Ukpong-Eren bridge in Oruk Anam that collapsed 40 years ago,
- Need to investigate non-implementation of pay as you go (PAYG) tariff by DSTV and other broadcast satellite service providers in Nigeria,
- the need for the federal government to increase security presence in federal roads during festive seasons,
- urgent need for the Federal Government to appoint 37 Commissioners into Federal Character Commission,
- the need for emergency national response to tackle the coronavirus pandemic presently ravaging the human race,
- Urgent need to create immediate public awareness and preparedness to combat possible outbreak of Ebola virus and to take measures to avoid same.
- the need for the federal government to suspend the implementation of the 2.5 percent VAT increment and revert to the original 5 percent until January 1, 2021 in the interest of Nigerians during this period of covid-19 pandemic,
- a call on the Federal Government to immediately set up Sex Offender and Gender Violation Special Court for speedy trial of the Perpetrators of the offence,
- a call on the Federal Government to immediately establish and inaugurate the National Council on Public Procurement to strengthen the fight against corruption in the Public Sector
- Non-Release of Traditional Take-Off Grant to University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and other Notable Federal Universities Across the Country after their Establishment.
- Urgent call on the Service chiefs and the Inspector General of Police to intensify efforts in the rescue of the abducted school children and staff of Government Secondary School, Kagara Niger State
- A call for comprehensive investigation, prosecution and punishment of the perpetrators of the kidnapping, sexual assault, physical assault and heinous killing of Miss Iniubong Umoren and the need to protect her family members
- Deputy Chairman Communications Committee
- Chairman Ad-hoc Committee to investigate non implementation of Pay as you go tariff by DSTV and other satellite broadcast service providers in Nigeria.
- Member ad-hoc committee that investigated the Bauchi State House of Assembly crisis,
- Member ad-hoc committee on water resources
- Member ad-hoc committee to investigate NDDC Interim Management Committee
- Delegate to International Telecoms Conference that took place in Hungary
- Member Committees on ICT, NDDC, Petroleum Resources (Upstream), Works, Nigeria Contents Development and Monitoring Board, Public Procurement, Banking and Currency, Civil Societies and Development Partners, SDGs, Customs and Excise.
Congratulations to the Peoples Lawmaker
NEWSIE EVENTS MEDIA TEAM Follow Us On Twitter: @NewsieEvents, Instagram: newsieevents, Facebook: Newsie Events (Subscribe to our YouTube Page: Newsie Eventsng.